Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Trellis for the Upper Deck

In January I was trying to come up with some ideas for planters that would work at each end of our upper deck. My post on 1/30/12 included an idea for a corner planter with a trellis. On 1/31/12 I had measured the area and realized that a corner planter wouldn't work, (go to this post for a visual). 


Since then I've been thinking of using one large trough planter against the half wall with a short trellis attached to the wall. I've done some shopping and am not seeing the planter I had in mind. Because we live in a townhouse, we have to carry all planters and materials through the house. So, I'm thinking something lightweight - plastic or maybe wood.


This morning I was showing my guy a photo for a trellis that would work well at my parent's house. He took one look and suggested that we build these (with a little tweaking) for our deck.


Trellis idea from Lowe's


After creating a Pinterest board called 'Trellis' in order to find ideas for this spot, I had found it, but just didn't see it. By no longer considering a corner planter, I wasn't seeing what he suggested, which was a 2 sided trellis with 2 planters at the base. Pretty simple.


This trellis is one of the few I've found that are not one dimensional, something flat up against the wall. They are simple and look easy to build. The idea is from Lowe's Creative Ideas for Home and Garden page, here's the link: http://lowescreativeideas.com/idea-library/projects/Freestanding_Trellis.aspx. Not only do they have instructions there they also provide a materials list.

No comments:

Post a Comment