Friday, March 9, 2012

Wish List Item #1

For a person who is usually very organized, I find that my garden ideas, photos, notes, plant tags, etc. are in the most unorganized jumble.  I do have one folder that I've kept some magazine clippings in, but  as I try to get ready for spring planting I have not been able to find what I'm looking for. 


In this case, I stumbled across something I'd forgotten.


Oakleaf hydrangea
Last fall when I was at Southwest Washington Medical Center (may have a new name now) I walked past this grouping of plants and realized they were Oakleaf hydrangeas. I thought they were so cool that I took a picture thinking that I'd like to have one in my yard. The photo had been long forgotten until I found it today while looking for something else.


I've heard of these hydrangeas, but had never seen one before.  This photo was taken in October, so the blossoms were spent, but the foliage looked great.  I need to create a plant wish list so that I can store these plants in a place I can easily find again.  Perhaps I'll try adding a list to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment