Monday, January 28, 2013

My Word for 2013 (it's not too late to pick yours)



I follow a couple of blogs that suggest choosing a word for the year. Something to focus on and refer to throughout the year. I've been doing this for three years now. I got the idea from  Superhero Life with Andrea Scher and Kelly Rae Roberts. I believe they both got the idea from a mutual friend, Kelly Rae explains more on her page. Click on the links to see what words they've chosen.

In one of my first posts this year I included a quote from SARK about working on our inner gardens. When I first thought about my word for this year, the one that popped into my head was: Tend.  Initially, I was focusing on tending to myself, physically. Tending to my body in the same way I would care for my garden. To me, the word means to care for, and I want to use it as a way to rethink diet, exercise, or even going to the dentist.

But, over the last two weeks when I think of the word, Tend, I've been applying it to people or relationships as well. So I won't try to limit the word, and will see how it impacts my life this year.

I decided to share my word after seeing another good quote from SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy).

Nourish your eye and spirit with inspiring things. They will bloom with your tending. ~ SARK

No comments:

Post a Comment