Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Vintage Vancouver Style

Monday I wrote about discovering an antique mall here in Vancouver, WA. 1817 Main Street Vintage has been open since last November. They are located at the intersection of Main St. and McLoughlin Blvd. part of Uptown Village. I was there looking for the new location of Karey's Kreative Interiors, I found that and much more.

I am not as much into antiques, as I am into vintage garden items. The displays themselves offer great ideas on ways to use vintage items in new, clever ways.

I mentioned taking pictures while I was there. Guess I should have looked at them first, they were mostly blurry.  Luckily for me, they have a Youtube video shot earlier this month, so you can see basically what I saw. The video is 15 minutes long, a little too long since not all the dealers are identified. But it will show the shop and all the displays much better than my photos.



In July I wrote about visiting Camas Antiques for the first time. The two shops are a lot alike, both are vintage malls with booths rented by independent dealers. But at 1817 Main Street Vintage the vendors and the employee at the register were very approachable and friendly.

Another thing that grabbed my attention is the Art Circus studio, run by Chris Kuntz. The studio itself is part of the shop, classes ("with a focus on vintage & found elements") are listed at  http://artcircusstudio.blogspot.com/ . She also offers private classes for 4 or more people, basically a private party, where you can bring wine or a birthday cake. This sounds like fun to me.

While there I found postcards and business cards advertising sales and events. One event I had almost forgotten is in Camas, WA this weekend. The Camas Vintage Street Faire, from 9-4 downtown across from Camas Antiques. 

I've stumbled across some other cool vintage info which I'll share in another post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment