Friday, July 6, 2012

To Camas and Back

I went to Camas, WA with Chris this morning since he had business there. I'd been wanting to go to Camas Antiques for months, so I tagged along. First I stopped at Lutz Hardware for more paint supplies since we will spend the weekend cleaning and painting at my old house. The store is located in downtown Camas and appears to carry at least one of everything you could possibly need from a hardware store. It's a nice change of pace after shopping at the big box stores.


We stopped at a store that caught my eye (for obvious reasons). It looked a little thrifty from the sidewalk but, inside were lots of nice upcycled items. Chris and I agreed that the mason jar light fixtures were impressive. We were in and out pretty quick and I didn't get the name of the shop. Camas has a downtown association, but I didn't see it listed on their website. Could be they are relatively new, guess I'll have to go back.






We then had lunch at K'Syrah a bistro that had just opened before I moved. My sister originally took me there for their gluten free food, I didn't see it noted on the menu, but my asparagus chicken and potato salad was awesome. (Their website shows a class on making their entree salads. I would love to make salads like this one). The restaurant has lots of old brick and the walls are lined with wine bottles, one of the better local restaurants I've been to. 


After lunch we went to Camas Antiques. I'd never been there, my hairdresser had told me that it was one of her favorites. I went thinking they were one store, but it turned out to be a mini mall for dealers.  Lots of great stuff and they have a basement, so it's even bigger than I'd thought. My big purchase was a bug jar and garden fork.





At the counter they had postcards advertising the Camas Vintage Street Faire on August 25th.  I'd picked up this postcard on a trip to Monticello months ago. I'd like to go the "faire",  just hope it's not too hot.






No comments:

Post a Comment