Thursday, August 23, 2012

Vintage To The North and South

Yesterday, I posted about some local vintage shops and events that are coming up. To wind up my focus on vintage shops and happenings, I wanted to mention two more things.

Looking at the Monticello Antiques blog, I found out that we are close to the Fall Premier Show, Sept. 7-30th. I  have not attended the fall show, but my sister and I went to the spring show this year. They advertise that their "Salvage Garden will transform into an Autumn Wonderland". Count me in. Monticello Antiques is located at 8600 SE Stark St., Portland, OR.

Yesterday I found a recent YouTube clip for Catty Wampus Antiques in Centralia, WA. Catty Wampus is owned by friends of mine and is a favorite. They have a couple floors of quirky, cool, (and odd) items there, lot's to see. I never leave empty-handed.

Centralia is over an hour's drive north of Vancouver, so I don't get there all that often. Catty Wampus is located at 208 N. Tower Ave. and is one of the best shops located in Centralia's "Antique Row". If you're travelling I-5 between Portland and Seattle it's a great place to stop. If you're riding on Amtrak you can hop off, cross the street and you're there.



No comments:

Post a Comment