Sunday, April 15, 2012

Salvage Herb Garden

On my way to Monticello Antique Marketplace Friday, I had one item in mind that I'd seen there on my last trip. It was a wire basket about 3 feet long. When I first saw it I didn't have any idea how to use it so I waited. 


I'd been seeing some photos online showing terra cotta pots lined up in a similar basket . On my March 3rd post I shared a couple of photos from my Pinterest board 'Container'. This one is closest to my own project:
from Apartmenttherapy.com

When I got a few herbs for Easter I decided to use some empty terra cotta pots, but really wanted them grouped together. I found the basket at Monticello, then bought some pot liners at the nursery and got them planted this morning.


A lavender plant in front of the basket with pots



Kabrina supervising the planting

Finished herb planter
I'm pleased with how it turned out, they are all grouped together and I can easily lift the basket and move them.  The wire basket was labeled as an old ice cream rack, and there were a few others with various wear. Which means I could go back, a friend suggested another great idea for using these baskets as planters. This lines up along the railing and is perfect for limited space.


No comments:

Post a Comment