Monday, April 16, 2012

Last Frost Date

I like finding new blogs, no matter the topic, but I'm especially interested in garden blogs. I also think I've established that I like all things Pinterest. Today I found a new blog through someone who was nice enough to share the links from her board called 'Blogs I Read'.


The blog is called The Soil Toil  and they had a recent post about the last frost dates.  She posted a link to Victory Seeds' page that let's you find your first and last frost dates by state. I posted a link to this on my Facebook page earlier.


Vancouver, WA lists 5/14 as last frost and 10/6 as first.  This is a little later than I've read in other places, but coincides with the rule of thumb I was told for planting here - wait until Mother's Day.







No comments:

Post a Comment