Thursday, November 20, 2014

Just Married...


As I've mentioned several times over the last year I was planning my wedding. On Saturday, November 1st I married the 'love of my life' in the theater at McMenamins Edgefield. We invited our family and closest friends and had a simple ceremony and reception. I was a little crazed the week before, but it went off perfectly and I believe we all had a good time.

The photo above was taken during set up. I'd been collecting colored glass vases and votives for months. My friend flew in from Florida and helped with just about everything including vase arrangements, buttonholes for all the guests, and my bouquet.

Chris and I then took a week's honeymoon to road trip to Colorado and New Mexico. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed unseasonably warm weather. We got home just in time for snow here in the Northwest.

We are also in time to start the holiday season, so I thought I would let you know why I'd been absent and that my posts may be fewer during the holidays.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gratitude is my word for the year.
While I struggle sometimes to feel grateful, 
I am certainly most grateful for my husband, Chris.
I am grateful for many things about him, 
but one of the most important reasons is 
that he makes me want to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment