Friday, March 7, 2014

Daffodils, Any Size Will Do

Spring is coming and we are all pretty excited about it. All the people to the east who've suffered through one major snow storm after another deserve an end to winter. We had more snow than usual here in the pacific nw. But we also had long stretches of mild weather, which I'm sure we will make up for in rain well into summer.


I know spring is coming because I finally looked over the edge of the deck railing and spotted daffodils. 



Tiny daffodils that I don't remember planting right there. But, they are so evenly spaced only I could have planted them. All these years drafting landscape plans and I still don't mass or group plants for maximum effect.



It's fun to find them growing in the yard. It's also nice to have a chance to appreciate only that flower before the rest arrive.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My word for the year is Gratitude

Today I am grateful for:
sun (always)
someone who can throw apples to the horse next door
A Little Bird Told Me (in my inbox) from Brave Girls Club 
my cat feeling playful
a walk in the park with Asha
seeing our wedding invitation in print 
and a chorus of frogs out back

No comments:

Post a Comment