Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Container Ideas to Try This Year



I am writing this late at night (after 9pm) which is never a good thing because my mind tends to wander. Today, like many days, I intended to write a post, but got sidetracked. I had some work to finish in my office and remember wondering 'why was I not outside in the warm, sunny weather?' Chris and I had planned to go for a walk down on the Columbia River. Then we had to stop at the store, then we ate dinner, watched some tv and poof - day over.

I had decided that today's post would be a list of the container ideas I want to try from, Small is Bountiful, by Liz Dobbs. Once here on the blog I can recycle the list sitting on my desk. This is a great way for me to get going on planting projects because Spring is a week away and at some point I will realize that I need to act on the plans I posted to the universe.

Hanging baskets:

  • bush beans with a filler plant
  • strawberries
  • mini tomato with basil

Trellis:


  • Scarlet runner beans
  • mini sunflowers
  • zucchini

Large Pots:

Container ideas
(find liners/ tupperware):
  • metal pail
  • wood produce box
  • Potholders, attach to screen upper deck, herbs?

Most of these ideas came with pretty pictures which I can't post here. If you want to order this book find it in my Amazon favorites in the right sidebar. As I said, this was a Christmas gift and the photos gave me a number of ideas.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My word for the year is Gratitude.

Today I am grateful for:
Hope for Paws (animal rescue) more like hope for humanity, I follow them on Facebook
Wimp.com, I found them on Facebook too
sun, even if I'm not out in it
and 
some other things that I can't say because family and friends read my blog on occasion

No comments:

Post a Comment