Thursday, September 12, 2013

Trip to Monticello Antique Marketplace

Fall Show display - signs made from reclaimed wood


Wednesday we drove to Portland to Monticello Antique Marketplace for the Fall Show. This trip was special because my mom and her friend, Vivienne went with us. They were childhood friends who kept in touch, lost touch, and have managed to remain friends despite long distances. I had never met her before, so going to Monticello was a great way to visit then look around and let everyone just enjoy themselves.

Mom & Vivienne

The following are photos from the Salvage Garden area - one of my favorite places ever. I usually remove photos that aren't all that great, but I'm leaving them all in here to share.


One of the oddest things I've seen there - a wasp nest. 



These photos give you an idea of the sheer quantity of stuff on display. I could spend hours looking at all the items, or in this case just roamed randomly soaking it up.
My photos don't do the displays justice.



These houses with faucet knobs were interesting and would look nice in my office.


 I loved the pumpkins made from books.


Everywhere you turn cool stuff. I like the slightly out of focus garden edging and the crate on top.


One of the few Halloween displays. I overheard someone complain that it was too early, but we would have liked to have seen more.



Here it is... my moment of awe. The metal trellis and the mirror are two separate pieces. The two of them combined are so awesome I just stopped in my tracks and stared.

We always enjoy shopping and eating lunch at Monti's. If you haven't been there it really is worth a look. Monticello Antique Marketplace is located in Northeast Portland, just west of I-205 on Stark Street. Here's a link to their website: http://www.monticelloantiques.com/. I plan to go back for their Christmas show which starts November 22, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment