Monday, September 9, 2013

Fresh From My Garden


Mini pumpkins from the garden dusted with sunflower pollen

Thought I'd share some photos of veggies and flowers from my garden. I can't really say I've been gardening lately. We've had a lot of rain in the last week, so I have only been to the community garden once - to pick tomatoes. 

Actually, we picked tomatoes, more green beans, pulled onions, carrots and dug up a few potatoes. I also cut sunflowers. These are the sunflowers I started from seed that looked dead 2 days after transplanting. I was sure they were done, Chris knew they'd come back. I got lucky with the mix of colors. They look great in the garden, but I like seeing them here.



Dusting...






Basically all I do now is pick and eat.


Yellow pear and Stupice tomatoes

I've got more tomatoes and the green beans in the fridge. Despite having four tomato plants at the garden and a couple on the deck, we haven't been over run by them. I felt that way last year with fewer plants. I have felt over run by green beans this year, we planted way too many. Luckily, I've been able to share a lot of them with family and friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment