Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Something to Hum Along to While Gardening

I have been participating in the Grow Write Guild on You Grow Girl.com for a couple of months. The most recent writing prompt had me tossing my hands up in the air, this is just not my thing.

Prompt #9: Change the lyrics of a song to reflect your relationship with a particular plant or food crop.

At breakfast the other morning, I told Chris about the prompt, and that I wasn't doing it. He asked "why not?" and immediately came up with a song from the AC/DC Song "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap."

I was impressed with how quickly he came up with it, so I told him if he wanted to write it, I would post it.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Chris' gardening version

If you're havin' trouble with your garden bed
It's givin' you the blues
You wanna harvest, but not weed a bed
Here's what you gotta do
Pick up the phone, I'm always home
Call me anytime
just ring 362436 oh
I lead a life of crime

chorus:
dirty deeds done dirt cheap, dirty deeds done dirt cheap, dirty deeds done dirt cheap
dirty deeds and their done dirt cheap
dirty deeds and their done dirt cheap

You've got trouble in your garden
you got a broken hoe
Pests double dealing with your best crop
That's when the tear drops start FELLA
Pick up the phone, I'm here alone
Or make a social call
Come right in, forget about them
We'll have ourselves a ball

chorus

If you got a thistle and you want it gone
but you aint got the guts
It keeps growin' night and day
enough to drive you nuts
Pick up the phone 
Leave it alone
It's time you made a stand
For a fee
I'm happy to be 
Your Orkin man

chorus

Roundup, Cassaron, T.N.T.
Done dirt cheap
Scuffle hoes, fire, high voltage
Done dirt cheap

chorus


*if you're not an AC/DC fan or never heard the lyrics you may want to skip this:
AC/DC's lyrics :http://www.acdc.com/us/music/dirty-deeds-done-dirt-cheap/dirty-deeds-done-dirt-cheap-edited-version

**If you are an AC/DC fan then try playing the YouTube clip and sing along with Chris' lyrics:
Listen on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfSaEH2NdI

4 comments:

  1. Tell Chris he did a great job! I participated in one of the prompts on 'You Grow Girl' but haven't had the time to go back and join in a second time. Not sure I am much of a garden song writer though...hmm maybe I'll wait for the next prompt to come along. Good for you and Chris for giving this challenge a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but Chris gets all the credit for the song. And I have to admit it is a great one for weeding.

      Delete
  2. Perfect! I'm going to need this if it ever stops raining in my garden. Excellent work, Chris and Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, here's to the end of the rainy season in your neck of the woods.

      Delete