Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Appreciating the Unpredictable



If you've read more than one post of my blog you can probably tell that I am not a free spirit who glides from one moment to the next. I like to plan ahead, I like to make lists, and I organize everything to the point where I can't find things.

The last couple of years have been a learning experience for me, everything in my life became unpredictable and unplanned. But, I am learning to appreciate the way things play out, even if it's after the fact. In my last post I mentioned we were leaving for a funeral. After that Chris' parents celebrated their 50th Anniversary with us.

I have some great photos and will post later with more detail, but I was sitting at the computer just now and was sifting through some of the things I've experienced in the last week. We went to Richmond, VA and Colonial Williamsburg where we watched canons go off, found turtles in ponds, ate well, sweltered in 93 degree heat for days, and stayed in a luxurious hotel room, the likes of which I may never experience again.

Once home I discovered all of my plants had grown, my hanging baskets planted in the rain the day before we left looked awesome, sweet peas are blooming, the chickadee family is still living in the bird house, and that my cat really missed me. We went to the garden yesterday evening and planted tomatoes, marigolds and  basil, and it felt really good to be home.

I am grateful for all those experiences and the many more that came with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. There are only 15 days left for Marlaena's campaign on Indiegogo to raise money to publish her children's book. 

Please click on the link and check it out, you can contribute as little as $10 and will receive a copy of the e-book. It all adds up. Even if you don't contribute,  you can share it on Facebook or Twitter by clicking either button on that page. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment