Sunday, December 16, 2012

What Matters at Christmas



I'm not able to say anything eloquent about the events of the past few days, but I can say that it has made an impact on me. As I watch and read, I see that others share my feelings and want to act on them rather than sitting on them as we have in the past.

As I try to articulate my thoughts, the families here in Portland and in Newtown have lost loved ones before Christmas. I hope that they can find peace.

The outrage over senseless loss of life, is now settling into the realization that we are not guaranteed a long life, passing in our sleep with loved ones around us. So I want to take the time to tell my family and friends how much you matter to me.

2 comments:

  1. yes, every time I call you "brat" it's code for "I love you".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same goes, but you're a bigger brat

    ReplyDelete