Sunday, December 9, 2012

Celebrating the Season in Simple Ways

My blog is currently a scrapbook of the days before Christmas at our house and the ways we are finding Christmas cheer. I still fantasize about dream gardens on Pinterest and keep up with book releases by favorite authors and updates on Facebook(Check out my new Facebook button on the right sidebar).

But, now the music, decorations, and gift wrapping can be distracting. Let's face it, most of us could use a distraction right about now. 

I would love to hear how you all are celebrating the season. Leave me a note in the comments or e:mail me at: allpurpose.flower12@gmail.com.

Yesterday Chris and I went to a coffee house that just opened in our neighborhood. We are Starbucks fans and have been for years, but their stores are not a place to just sit and relax with coffee. 


Eggnog lattes and a treat (for Chris).


The new coffee shop is Brewed Awakenings, they are a local chain here in Vancouver. They  recently opened this restaurant and we were pleased to have a more traditional coffee house nearby. It is large, plenty of seating, with music playing softly so we can still have a conversation over coffee.




Not so cheery weather

I took this photo of the snow flakes painted on the window, then realized that the gray, wet weather had taken center stage. I included it to show why we drink so much coffee in the northwest.





No comments:

Post a Comment