Friday, December 7, 2012

A Little Christmas Cheer

Ever since the change of season in October, I've spent almost all of my time indoors. Looking out the window at the dark clouds and drizzle, feeling a little restless. I'm usually the one to jump into Christmas and decorating, but this year I'm lagging behind. So I'm trying to do simple things and take time to actually enjoy them. 

Cool shed at Monticello

Yesterday, Chris and my Mom and I went to Monticello Antique Marketplace for the Christmas Show. We had a good time together as well as each of us on our own. Chris found retro outdoor decorations, Mom found a bracelet, and I found "vintage" tinsel. We had lunch at Monti's Cafe, did a little more shopping, then stopped for coffee and a treat.

Never know what you'll find there...


Mom deemed Monticello Antique Marketplace to be "a happy place" and she's right. We talked  about some of the antique/vintage shops I like in Vancouver, but Monticello is so large and with the cafe there, it's more of an experience, one that easily includes both lunch and a coffee break.

..........................................................


Gluten free Applesauce Crumb Cake

Today I tried a gluten free* (gf) recipe I found when looking for a dressing recipe at Thanksgiving. It is Applesauce Crumb Cake from Karina, the Gluten-Free Goddess. My sister recommended her site when I was struggling with gummy gf breads last summer. This recipe is a little over my head in terms of the number of ingredients and how long it took (me) to prepare. But it tastes so good it was worth it.

Here's the link to her recipe for Applesauce Crumb Cake. This site is a keeper, I added her link to my favorite blogs at the bottom of the page a few weeks ago.

I eat a gluten free diet due to wheat sensitivity/allergy, I'm not recommending this to anyone who eats a gluten free diet for a medical condition such as Celiac sprue.  If you'd like more info on gluten free foods from a Registered Dietician who has Celiac, see my sister's site Balanced Body Nutrition or go to her link on the right side of the page.


Kabrina checking out the short guy near the tree

No comments:

Post a Comment