Thursday, November 22, 2012

I am Thankful for My Motley Bunch

When I woke up I wasn't sure I wanted to post something on the blog, as I was seeing "Happy Thanksgivings" from every person, business, and group I follow on Facebook.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year with only (some of) my family. Chris's schedule is whacky  so his parents didn't come. My family is a step-family and that comes with issues of it's own. So my mom said she'd like to read something before we ate. It was about a family that stuck together and ended with thanks for their 'motley bunch'.

After the reading our motley bunch began to eat and I explained that a pen and number of paper leaves were next to each plate. Each of our names was on a leaf, as we were thankful for everyone there. I asked that they write down what they were thankful for during the meal and leave the leaves on the table.






No comments:

Post a Comment