Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Carving Pumpkins

Chris' pumpkin

After dinner we went down to the garage and carved our pumpkins on the workbench. That would be me, Chris and his son, who is 16. Chris is a holiday die hard and loves all the traditions of the season. 

I love them too, but he makes sure they happen. One of our first dates was carving pumpkins out on his deck by the river.

The pumpkins were store bought since I didn't try to grow them at the garden and the weather turned wet and cold here in time to go to a pumpkin patch.

See if you can guess the theme on the left, that's mine on the right

As we were pulling out the gooey insides I was joking about buying mine next year and plugging it in. But, once we got them outside and lit I'll admit that the old fashioned jack-o-lanterns beat out modern day replacements.

Happy Halloween Everybody, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment