Sunday, October 28, 2012

Who's Counting?


Amish blue star

 blog post #200

When I started my blog in January I was focusing on gardening in small spaces, my own 'yard' being the focus. A couple months later I got a plot at the community garden and most of my attention went to that. A lot of my posts over the summer where journal entries on the success and failures of my vegetable garden. I learned a lot and had fun, I can say that I really miss going to the garden and being outside in the sun.

Artichoke at Heritage Farm

I started this blog with the intention of using it as a gardening journal, but not a daily journal / diary. I want this to be a space for exploring gardening alternatives and a way to meet other 'plant people'. This is my space to store and organize photos and info on a variety of topics - rain gardens, universal design, low maintenance, container gardening, etc. Occasionally I toss in finds on gluten free cooking, vintage, and local shops.


One change I have made since I started is to only use my own photos (good lighting or bad).  There's a lot of contention online over copyright (photos and words).  I post links to websites and have a button to my Pinterest pages so that I can share with others, but I have stopped using web photos here. I do intend to investigate sites that allow me to use images without copyright infringement, but for now it's my photos or no photos.  If you see a post with no photo, there is most likely a link or two that will direct you straight to the source.

Kabrina, my garden assistant (supervisor)

So with 200 posts under my belt, I intend to keep on pursuing my plant related interests and sharing them here. As always, feel free to leave me a note in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment