Thursday, July 5, 2012

Office Gardening Part II

Monday I posted a lone veggie photo that I'd taken over the weekend at my sister's office garden. We helped plant the garden on Mother's Day weekend and it was nice to see how well everything is growing. Most of the vegetables will be donated to a local food bank. But, employees who participate can take veggies home as payment.



This was the first time I've worked with raised beds, I like the way you amend only the space you will be planting.





The garden includes a variety of plants. My sister and I planted peppers, tomatoes, and onions. Among the cabbages and sunflowers there were also asparagus and brussel sprouts.


The day we planted I'd heard that a plan was in the shed. Finally got a look at it and had to admire the simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment