Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weeding 365 Days a Year?

Here's a concept I hadn't heard of before: year-round vegetable gardening.
My new plot at the community garden is from March - March 2013. One of the reasons it's not tilled is because they now offer year-round plots. I was not able to picture growing anything beyond September.


At the orientation Monday, we were told that the Master Gardener's will offer a class on late-summer planting.  This morning while looking at Garden Design Online, I found a recommendation for a book on year-round vegetable gardening. It's called The Year-Round Vegetable Gardener: How to Grow Your Own Food 365 Days a Year, No Matter Where You Live, by Niki Jabbour. 


I also found another recommendation for a book on residential rain gardens. I've added those to my "Worth Reading" board on Pinterest and will add them to my Amazon Wish List later.

No comments:

Post a Comment