Friday, March 23, 2012

A Real Community Garden Plot

At the community garden orientation on Monday, we were assigned our plots. I had entered my name for the plot lottery on February 15th. Since then I'd been reading, looking at garden catalogs, and even created a "veggie" board in Pinterest.  My big dilemma was planning for more container gardening here if I didn't get the plot, while trying to create a plan of some sort in case I got the garden plot.


I've been sorting through pictures of lush gardens and beautiful vegetables, such as these on my Pinterest board:


From extension.umn.edu

From homesteadrevival.blogspot.com

Our orientation was from 6:00-7:30, a week before that it would have been dark afterwards.  Thanks to Daylight Savings time we had a chance to see our plots.  

Plot # 40



Even though it looks a little muddy and much more grassy than it should, I was very happy to finally see the plot, it's orientation, and to locate the water faucets. It can only get better from here.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment