I'm looking at the To-Do list I made on Monday (http://all-purpose-flower.blogspot.com/2012/02/time-for-to-do-list.html.) These posts are helping me stick to a plan rather than spend all my time looking at pretty pictures online.
I will address each in order:
- finished the book, and have started another on container edibles, The Bountiful Container by Rose Marie Nichols McGee and Maggie Stuckey. This was a gift at Christmas and I've seen it listed on garden blogs as a favorite.
- self-watering window boxes - online reseach, still want the ones from the catalog, but limited funds might make the decision for me. I have determined that I may not need 4 new containers, but could start with 2. Need to check prices online and visit a couple of nurseries to see what they've got.
- garden plot - I looked online for info on the community plots, any calendar or start-up info, looked at the Master Gardener website, since they offer classes there. No additional info on the garden plot process or calendar yet.
- Parent's yard - focus on container planting on deck and porch, keep focus near the house
- deck planters for the upper deck - instead of matching planters, start looking for 1 large trough and a trellis or espalliered plant for the sunny location near the door.
I'm starting to feel a little antsy, we've had a mild winter in the Portland Metro area. They are talking about snow again this weekend so that may draw me back to reality. It is still late February and I believe I've got a month or so until before last frost here.