Sunday, December 29, 2013

Do you know your Word for 2014?




I hope that everyone has been enjoying the holidays. We spent a lot of time with family and had Christmas day to ourselves. Chris and I found time to sqeeze in a few extras. We went back to Steigerwald to take pictures because the sun was out. It was dark and cloudy by the time we got there, typically unpredictable for this time of year. I took some pictures with my 'real' camera and got to see a deer and a toad while there. We also went to Monticello Antiques for their Christmas show. I saw a lot of interesting things, but decided to buy a few ornaments, colorful pine cones with glitter.

I see that other bloggers are talking about their "Word for 2014", but I haven't thought too much about mine. Now there are two days left in the year and I am drawing a blank.

My word for 2013 was "Tend" I posted about it last January. It was the perfect word for me, one I needed, but I managed to ignore it (and other things) until it was too late. I'm the kind of person who puts taking care of my self last. Thus, the reason for selecting a word like tend.

One of the things I wanted to address in January was my reluctance (fear) of seeing the dentist. I wanted to look at it as a way of tending to myself and my health. Instead, I managed to procrastinate until I had serious dental problems. I ended up spending a lot of time at the dentist most of November and December.

I've seen words I'd like to choose for 2014, but I have to be realistic - especially after this year. Words like: "reflect", "brave", and the ultimate challenge: "patience". But I need a word that I can fall back on, not one that challenges my very being.

So, while I mull over the possible word choices for next year, I was wondering if any of you have a word/goal in mind? If you'd like to share it in the comments, feel free.

Steigerwald


1 comment: