Friday, September 27, 2013

Growing Them Means Cooking Them Too



This is my haul from the garden on Wednesday. I went thinking there might be a few tomatoes. While I've proven to myself that I can grow veggies, I must now find new ways to cook them. I can honestly say that when I've planned a vegetable garden these last two years, I never planned for meals. Mostly, because I don't like to cook. Now that doesn't seem to matter, I need to find recipes that are easy and incorporate most of these veggies.

Since picking all of this I made beef stew in the crock pot, using beans, potatoes, carrots and onion. Next on the menu is hamburger pie, which will use beans, tomatoes, onion, and potatoes. Finally, a recipe for potato soup from the gluten-free Goddess, since I went ahead and dug up all the remaining Yukon Gold potatoes and discovered some big ones.

If you have some favorite garden vegetable recipes please feel free to share in the comments or e-mail to me at: allpurpose.flower12@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment