Friday, August 16, 2013

Garden Snapshots


There are beautiful Dahlias all around the garden. This one is my favorite so far.


I know I write too much about the community garden. Last year I was in love with it, this year not so much. But the best part is getting to see all those other plots. People have creative ways of laying out and planting their plots. Each time I go there I see something different that catches my eye. Part of this experience is being able to see so many ideas and then pick and choose from them.




To me, the best is the combination of veggies and flowers, many of which I have not tried growing.



The bees love artichokes right now. The garden has a lot of birds too, even a humming bird who likes to sit on my tomato cages while taking a breather.



That gourd is interesting but the colors and textures here caught my eye.

**I'm off to the beach!!! Hope you have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment