Sunday, March 24, 2013

Anemone

In celebration of the arrival of Daylight Savings Time I received flowers. Not cut flowers but plants, one red anemone and one yellow ranunculus. I've tried to take some photos, but just wasn't thrilled with them. The anemone  looks like a large spider is sitting in the center. It is striking, even from indoors. I wanted a close up.

This morning I decided to try another photo since it was cloudy. When I went out on the deck I discovered that this flower curls it's inner petals when it's cold. It looked more like a tulip.

Here is the photo I took this morning:



Here is the photo I took yesterday afternoon:



I thought that was interesting. If anyone knows the horticultural term for the "spider" in the middle let me know in the comments. I did actually look it up on Google first. I'm not sure I've ever had an anemone before, but the color of this one bloom really perks up the back deck.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, gorgeous! (Insert old "with friends like these, who needs anemones" joke here...)

    So jealous of your weather...we're just barely reaching temps above 0 celcius (32F) here in Toronto. Yesterday reached 7C and I thought I was in heaven. Can't wait to start working the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I have to admit I've never heard that joke, but I love it. The coldest I've ever experienced is 24 degrees F. I really prefer the sun and getting outside again.

    ReplyDelete