Sunday, September 30, 2012

New Community Garden Page



This is a giant pumpkin growing at the community garden. Unfortunately, I didn't plant pumpkins in my plot, thinking I didn't have enough room. Chris pointed out that I could have planted some in the middle and let them grow. This idea was repeated by another gardener. 

Oh well, I'm there to learn. I will have to admire the pumpkins in other plots, and there are quite a few varieties. I did plant some mini pumpkin seed at my parent's house and hope to get a couple by Halloween. One perk of the community garden is that it provides full sun, something that doesn't exist in their yard anymore with mature trees.

I've been making some edits to the blog. I've added a page called "Community Garden" so I can keep some info and photos there. There is a tab at the top of the page (just under the daisy photo) that will take you to it. Right now I've got the results of my veggie crop, so feel free to take a look. Please leave a comment if you'd like. I'd love to hear feedback on some of my successes and failures.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your garden was a huge success; especially considering this was your first year.

    ReplyDelete