Sunday, June 24, 2012

2012 Recycled Arts Festival

Despite rain all day yesterday and again this morning, we made it downtown to see the 2012 Recycled Arts Festival in Vancouver, WA. We stumbled across it a couple of years ago and I recall a few vendors seated around Esther Short Park with some interesting metalwork.


I will admit that I was surprised to find that this year's festival had taken over the park with white canopies lined up along all the walks. With Saturday Market on the west edge of the park, there were a lot of people selling and checking out all the goods.


Here are some of my favorites:


Stained glass using a recycled window frame

Signs claiming 'you pick' free (slugs, weeds, etc.) attached to old rakes and hoes

wall planters


These wall planters look new, not sure what they are made from, but I still liked the shape and color.

I wanted all of the items above, but alas I did not buy anything since I did not bring any cash. I also didn't get vendor names, it was crowded, many did not have cards available, but I'll include a copy of the map listing all vendors at the festival.

giant driftwood chair
Chris claimed this chair, I didn't see a price, but they had a sign saying you could get in and take a photo for a $1.

Vendor Map




No comments:

Post a Comment