Thursday, February 9, 2012

Trip to Monticello

This morning we went to Monticello Antique Marketplace in Portland, Oregon. This is a wonderful place that I discovered only recently when reading another blog.  That blogger included a photo of her dream shed and introduced me to Monticello's Salvage Garden. 


The store is a giant space filled with displays of vintage and antique items displayed by individual vendors. The Salvage Garden area is in the back full of a variety of garden objects. Throughout the year they have different events, so the garden area can be strictly garden objects (as it was today) or include displays by vendors for an event such as the Christmas Show.  




Headboard found at Monticello Antique Marketplace
First, I actually found a headboard similar to the one I'd pictured in my yard as a trellis.  Not quite the look I want, but I was excited nonetheless to have found one (a set really).


Garden shed at Monticello Antique Marketplace
Second, I have to show the garden shed.  Now, this is not the shed that originally lured me there. This is the 3rd or 4th I've seen.  They are custom made using recycled materials and the price ($$$) includes delivery. Even better, a friend of mine mentioned that she knew who was making these sheds.  I need to confirm it, a name and number wasn't listed here.

Back of garden shed

There are a lot of really bad recycled garden objects out there. I see tons of them when I search online.  It is so exciting to see talented people take scrap materials and make not only functional items, but ones that are attractive as well.  Who wouldn't  like having this in their yard?

Finally, I found a trellis for a small section of fence in our backyard. It's a length of old wooden fence or gate with brown paint peeling off of it.  I've enlisted my boyfriend's help getting some rebar or other material to make a sturdy base in order to stake it in the ground.  I will follow up on that project once we get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment