Saturday, September 8, 2012

Zucchini Casserole

Today I tried one of the recipes from the Your Backyard Farmer website. You'll find them on the lower left of their home page. I picked Zucchini Casserole because it listed all the the excess veggies from my garden: zucchini, tomatoes, and onions. I used a larger casserole dish and made one layer but it was very easy (a requirement) and tasted great. I grilled some polenta and had the zucchini casserole with it, making a nice gluten free lunch.

Here's a link to the recipes on their website: http://www.yourbackyardfarmer.com/recipies.pdf

Looking at their website made me wish I had a yard for them to help me create my own organic farm. Donna and Robyn led the Fall and Winter Vegetable class that we attended last weekend. They are both very down to earth and very knowlegeable, I learned a lot in that short class.

No comments:

Post a Comment