Friday, June 22, 2012

White Roses

Last night we attended my sister's graduation from community college. It was a large group, over 600 graduates there. She has worked hard and is headed to the education program at Washington State University.


To celebrate I gave her a white rosebud. I know that flowers have certain meaning, even specific colors do. But, I picked white because of an earlier gift I'd received from her.




This miniature white rosebush was a birthday present from her a couple of years ago. I've never had any luck with planting hot house plants outdoors, but this rose loves it here.  I saw it two days ago and it had a few buds blooming, today it is covered with buds. It shows the same determination and perseverance as she does. Congratulations - we are all proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment