Saturday, January 21, 2012

Try to Keep It Simple

It's January in the Northwest, which means lots of rain and gray skies. I'm someone who's happiest outside in the yard, or better yet shopping at a nursery.  While I prefer not to be stuck indoors, now is the time that I can review last summer's plant choices and decide what I'd like to try this year.


My yard consists of an upper and lower deck, so my focus is on container plantings that include flowers and vegetables. Hanging baskets have worked in the past, now I'm ready to investigate more vertical options.


Last summer I was most impressed by the success I had with simple, old-fashioned flowers and vegetables.
Nasturtiums and Morning-Glory were both colorful and long lasting and my green beans produced more than expected.


Maybe this year's theme will be to keep it simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment